Friday, March 11, 2011

Some of my finished products and some that have been thrown on the wheel

This is one of the finished wateretched tumblers. I glazed it in celadon. I am obviously not the best glazer in the whole world.
I do kind've like the way the glaze made the clay show through like copper though. The next time I glaze I think I'm going to try Emily's technique. Poor some glaze inside of the cup, then poor it out and then for the outside, don't glaze it all at once :)
This is a finished celadon glazed wateretched candleholder, or shot glass, Lisa doesn't like them being called that. Again, terrible glazing. I do love the color though!
This shotglass, sorry, candleholder, is my favorite because I tried to do scrafitoo on it, but it didn't work that well. And then it broke. But The inside of it turned a blueish colorand the outside it was black. Where I tried to do the scrafittoo it turned blue too. Am I spelling scrafitoo right? Probably not.I like it because it looks like an old piece of pottery from like Greece or somewhere like that.
This is a good shot of the leaves I tried to do.
I really liked the different ways it looked in the light.
See? Shiny!
This is a mess up of a coffee mug I tried to throw on the wheel. I turned it into the wierdest tea pot in th world. 


This is just the other side of it.
This is also another mess up on the wheel. I turned it into a flower holder. Probably for Nana.
This is just the other side of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment