Tuesday, February 8, 2011

two tumblers wateretched and unglazed.

cold finished fortune cookie bmix

porclain shino finish

red clay celadon finish




All of these pieces are handbuilt and it took forever! The best part of it is that it is finished and actually looks ok for a beginning potter. I love the colors that the glazes made. I think the hardest part about creating all of this was that I had no idea what the heck I was doing for the first part of the month. The clay wasn't cooperating with me! If I were going to do this piece again I would definately make sure that I spray the pieces before glazing them. I found that out after I glazed these ones. These are my first pottery pieces, so it feels pretty good to have them look okay and I'm fairly happy with them. I know they aren't perfect, but what is?

1 comment:

  1. Oops! The celadon glaze was on Porcelain! Good start on blog. Keep reflecting. I think it is always important to have notes on what you would change if you were to do the project again. Good going!

    ReplyDelete